2019 Hawaii Regional Scholastic Art Awards: EntryPosted on Sep 6, 2018 in Art in Public Places, Arts Education, Blog Post, Call for Artists, Exhibitions, Hawaii State Art Museum, Scholastic Student Art Awards, Student Art Exhibit, Upcoming Exhibitions
The State Foundation on Culture and the Arts (SFCA) and Hawaiʻi State Art Museum (HiSAM) are pleased to sponsor the 2019 Hawaiʻi Regional Scholastic Art Awards. The event offers students in grades 7-12 an opportunity to showcase their exemplary artwork and talent. It is part of the national Scholastic Art and Writing Awards program sponsored by the non-profit organizations Alliance for Young Artists and Writers.
Participation guidelines can be found on the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers website, http://www.artandwriting.org.
- Online registration for the 2019 Hawaiʻi Regional Scholastic Art Awards will open for submissions on Wednesday, September 12, 2018.
- Participation is free. Students will not be charged a submission fee for artwork.
- All submission of artwork must be completed on the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers website by 11:59pm EST (6:59pm HST) on Thursday, December 13, 2018. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Visit the Hawaiʻi regional site on the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers website for a list of key dates.
- The submission deadline for all printed and completed registration forms, including release forms, is Thursday, December 13, 2018 by 4:00pm. Forms may be submitted online or mailed-in. Forms submitted or postmarked after this date will not be accepted. Forms dropped off to:
c/o Scholastic Art Awards
Hawaii State Foundation on Culture and the Arts
250 S Hotel Street, 2nd Floor
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
All submissions will be judged digitally. The artwork will be adjudicated by a highly respected, expert panel of visual artists based on the judging criteria described in the Art & Writing Awards Submission Guidelines located on the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers website.
Nominees of the 2019 Hawaiʻi Regional Scholastic Art Awards will be invited to display their artwork at the 2019 Hawaiʻi Regional Scholastic Art Awards Exhibition from February 16, 2019 through April 19, 2019 at HiSAM, 250 S Hotel Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813. An email notification of the art award nominees and instructions for the submission of selected artwork will be sent by Friday, January 18, 2019 to the nominees’ teachers.
An Awards Ceremony honoring student nominees and their teachers will be held on Saturday, March 16, 2019 at HiSAM from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. Neighbor island nominees and their teachers will be provided air and ground transportation to attend the ceremony. Confirmed air and ground travel information will be provided by Friday, January 25, 2019 via email notification to the nominees’ teachers.
Any questions? Please contact Karen Ewald, Director of Art-In-Public Places Program and HiSAM, at Karen.email@example.com.