SFCA Art Acquisition Committee Visits Approved July 2018Posted on Oct 31, 2018 in Acquisition Award Selection Committee, Art in Public Places, Blog Post
Approved Acquisition Award Selection Committee visits, July 2018
The role of the Acquisition Award Selection Committee (AASC) is to make recommendations to the SFCA regarding the purchase of works of art, including the review, nomination, evaluation and selection of the recommended artworks for acquisition. The AASC is generally composed of SFCA commissioners, staff members, and visual arts consultants.
Upcoming Exhibit VISITS
On July 18, 2018, the SFCA Board of Commissioners approved AASC visits to these upcoming exhibits:
- Abstract Only! 7th Juried Competition, Wailoa Center Gallery, Hilo, Hawaiʻi Island. Painting and sculpture, juried. August 3 – 30, 2018.
- Art Kaua‘i, KSA Gallery at Kukui Grove Center, Lihue, Kaua‘i. Mixed media, juried. September 15 – October 27, 2018.
- Hawaii Craftsmen 2018, 51st Annual Statewide Juried Exhibition, Honolulu Museum of Art School Gallery, Honolulu, HI. Mixed media, juried. October 25 – November 11, 2018.
- Nets and Knots: Carol Bennett, Honolulu Museum of Art at First Hawaiian Center, Honolulu, HI. Painting and drawing, curated. Oct. 25 – Jan. 18, 2018.
- Ceramic Works: Shawn Spangler, Honolulu Museum of Art at First Hawaiian Center, Honolulu, HI. Ceramic, curated. Oct. 25 – Jan. 18, 2018.
- Formations: Renee Iijima and Taylor Johnson. Honolulu Museum of Art at First Hawaiian Center, Honolulu, HI. Mixed media, curated. Oct. 25 – Jan. 18, 2018.
- 2018 Pacific States Biennial North American Juried Print Exhibition, UHH Campus Center Gallery and East Hawaii Cultural Center, Hilo, Hawaiʻi Island. Printmaking, juried. 2 – Dec. 28, 2018.
- Artist Print Edition Volume II, East Hawaiʻi Cultural Center, Hilo, HI. Printmaking, curated. 2 – Dec. 28, 2018.
- PINK, Commons Gallery, University of Hawaiʻi-Mānoa, Honolulu, HI. Painting, curated. Nov. 5 – 30, 2018.