Call for Applications: Apprentice Mentoring Grants FB 2020-2021Posted on Jan 2, 2019 in Blog Post, Folk and Traditional Arts, SFCA Grants
Call for applications for Apprentice Mentoring Grants for Fiscal Biennium (FB) 2020/2021.
Application postmark deadline: Thursday February 21, 2019 at 11:59 Hawaii Standard Time (HST). All required application materials must be complete and submitted by this deadline.
Two-Year Project Implementation Period: FB 2020/2021. First year begins July 1, 2019 and concludes June 30, 2020. Second year begins July 1, 2020 and concludes June 30, 2021.
Purpose of the Apprentice Mentoring Grant
To support advanced sustained training and mentoring of next-generation cultural practitioners, especially cultural practitioner teachers, in order to build cultural capacity living cultures in Hawai`i.
Applicant eligibility at the time of application
- Individual applicants are U.S citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
- Individual applicants are State of Hawai`i residents.
- Individual apprentice applicants are at least 16 years of age.
Grant project eligibility at the time of application
- Projects must be implemented entirely in the State of Hawai`i.
- Projects must be for folk and traditional cultural arts and practices of living traditions that are relevant to cultural communities in the State of Hawai`i. Relevant means that they are practiced, taught, learned and/or shared within the cultural community to which the folk or traditional art or practice belongs.
- Only one application per individual applicant (individual teacher or apprentice).
A one-year grant amount ranges from $4,000 to $6,500. The teaching grant is $4,000. An optional travel subsidy for inter-island travel may also be requested.
For additional information, including application forms: Folk & Traditional Arts Grants