Call for Student Artists: 57th Annual Hawaii Regional Scholastic Art AwardsPosted on Sep 12, 2019 in Art in Public Places, Arts Education, Blog Post, Call for Artists, Hawaii State Art Museum, Scholastic Student Art Awards, Student Art Exhibit
2020 Hawaii Regional Scholastic Art Awards
The State Foundation on Culture and the Arts (SFCA) and Hawaiʻi State Art Museum (HiSAM) are pleased to sponsor the 2020 Hawaiʻi Regional Scholastic Art Awards. The event offers students in grades 7-12 an opportunity to showcase their exemplary artwork and talent. It is part of the national Scholastic Art and Writing Awards program sponsored by the non-profit organizations Alliance for Young Artists and Writers.
Participation guidelines can be found on the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers website, artandwriting.org.
- Online registration for the 2020 Hawaiʻi Regional Scholastic Art Awards will open for submissions on Thursday, September 12, 2019.
- Participation is free. Students will not be charged a submission fee for artwork.
- All submission of artwork must be completed on the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers website by 11:59pm EST (6:59pm HST) on Thursday, December 12, 2019. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Visit the Hawaiʻi regional site on the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers website for a list of key dates.
- The submission deadline for all printed and completed registration forms, including release forms, is Thursday, December 12, 2019 by 4:00pm. Forms may be submitted online or mailed-in. Forms submitted or postmarked after this date will not be accepted. Forms dropped off to:
c/o Scholastic Art Awards
Hawaii State Foundation on Culture and the Arts
250 S Hotel Street, 2nd Floor
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
All submissions will be judged digitally. The artwork will be adjudicated by a highly respected, expert panel of visual artists based on the judging criteria described in the Art & Writing Awards Submission Guidelines located on the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers website.
Nominees of the 2020 Hawaiʻi Regional Scholastic Art Awards will be invited to display their artwork at the 2020 Hawaiʻi Regional Scholastic Art Awards Exhibition from February 14, 2020 through March 14, 2020 at HiSAM, 250 S Hotel Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813. An email notification of the art award nominees and instructions for the submission of selected artwork will be sent to the nominees’ teachers (date to be announced).
An Awards Ceremony honoring student nominees and their teachers will be held in February (date to be announced). Neighbor island nominees and their teachers will be provided air and ground transportation to attend the ceremony. Confirmed air and ground travel information will be provided by the SFCA via email notification to the nominees’ teachers (date to be announced).