Hawai‘i Compliance Express (HCE)

Under Hawaiʻi law, you must provide proof of compliance for purchases or contracts of $2,500 or more awarded by state or county government entities in Hawai’i.

The Hawaiʻi Compliance Express (HCE) service saves you time and hassle by providing an online “Certificate of Vendor Compliance” for your business entity. This single certificate eliminates the need to obtain individual copies of clearances with the IRS, Department of Labor, DCCA, and State tax offices. The service includes real time monitoring of your status of compliance with each agency and you will be automatically notified by email any time your compliance status is changed.

Please note that paper documents for the DOTAX Form A-6, DLIR Form LIR#27, and DCCA Certificate will no longer be accepted for awards on or after July 1, 2011. Only the HCE documents will be accepted for proof of compliance.

To get started, you will need:

  • Taxpayer Identification Number (FEIN or SSN)
  • Hawaiʻi Tax ID#
  • Unemployment Insurance Identification number (UI ID#) – if applicable
  • Valid credit card for the $12 annual registration fee