SFCA Purchase Recommendations Approved July 2020
The SFCA Board of Commissioners considered the following SFCA Recognition Awards artworks as purchase recommendations for the Art in Public Places Collection of the State Foundation on Culture and the Arts at the General Meeting of July 15, 2020. All purchase recommendations were approved.
Exhibit Title: “Fiber Hawaiʻi 2020”
- Exhibit Location: Gallery ʻIolani (O‘ahu) / Online
- Exhibit Type: Curated, group exhibition.
- Exhibit Dates: April 3 – May 3, 2020 (and online)
- AASC VACs: Greg Northrup, Deborah Nehmad
- SFCA Board: Sherm Warner
- SFCA Staff: Elizabeth Baxter, Karen Ewald
SFCA Recognition Awards
- Linda Kane, “Hidden Workforce”, mixed media.
- Sheri Levin McNertheney, “Bubble Wrap”, resist fulled wool.
- Gail M. Toma, “Brian’s Shibori Quilt”, fiber, indigo, shibori dye.
These artworks were nominated by an Acquisition Award Selection Committee (AASC) typically composed of Visual Art Consultants (VACs), SFCA Board Commissioners, and SFCA staff. The role of the AASC is to make recommendations to the SFCA regarding the purchase of works of art, including the review, nomination, evaluation and selection of the recommended artworks for acquisition.
For more information on how to invite an AASC to visit an exhibit, and how to volunteer as a Visual Art Consultant: SFCA Art in Public Places Program: Relocatable Works of Art.