SFCA Art Acquisition Committee Visits Approved (May 2019)Posted on May 30, 2019 in Acquisition Award Selection Committee, Art in Public Places, Art in Public Places Collection, Blog Post, Email Newsletter, Relocatable Works of Art
Approved Acquisition Award Selection Committee visits, May 2019
The role of the Acquisition Award Selection Committee (AASC) is to make recommendations to the SFCA regarding the purchase of works of art, including the review, nomination, evaluation and selection of the recommended artworks for acquisition. The AASC is generally composed of SFCA commissioners, staff members, and visual arts consultants.
UPCOMING EXHIBIT VISITS
On May 22, 2019, the SFCA Board of Commissioners approved AASC visits to these upcoming exhibits:
- “Abstract Only! Statewide Juried Exhibit,” Wailoa Center Gallery, Hilo, HI. Painting and sculpture, juried. August 2 – 29, 2019.
- “Hawaiʻi Craftsmen’s 52nd Annual Statewide Juried Exhibition,” Honolulu Museum of Art School Gallery, Honolulu, HI. Mixed media, juried. August 30 – October 4, 2019.
- “Attribute,” UH Manoa Art Gallery, Honolulu, HI. Mixed media, curated. September 1 – October 19, 2019.
- “Innovative Visual Expressions 2019,” Wailoa Center Gallery, Hilo, HI. Mixed media, curated. September 6 – 26, 2019.
- “Art Kauai 2019,” Kauaʻi Society of Artists (KSA), KSA Gallery, Kukui Grove Center, Lihue, HI. Mixed media, juried. September 14 – October 25, 2019.
- “Malama Wao Akua,” Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center, Makawao, Maui. Mixed media, juried. September 13 – November 8, 2019.