Arts First Partners Arts Education Grant
Professional Development for K-12 Arts Educators
Call for applications for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 (July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020).
Application postmark or email deadline
Wednesday April 17, 2019 at 11:59 Hawaii Standard Time (HST). All required application materials must be complete and submitted by this deadline. [This is an extension of the previous deadline of Thursday March 7, 2019]
Project Implementation Period
FY2020 – from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
Purpose of the Professional Development for K-12 Arts Educators Grant
To support arts education professional development for K-12 arts educators in the State of Hawaiʻi.
Applicant eligibility at the time of application
- Non-profit Organizations based in the State of Hawaiʻi.
- Compliance with State of Hawaiʻi procurement requirements.
- One application per applicant organization.
Please read application instructions carefully concerning eligibility of non-profit organizations!
Grant project eligibility at the time of application
- Projects must be implemented entirely in the State of Hawaiʻi.
- Project begins no earlier than July 1, 2019 and concludes no later than June 30, 2020.
- Grant request must be matched one-to-one with non-SFCA funds.
Grant amounts will be determined by a review panel. The pool of funds for all of these grants is $70,000.
Download Application Instructions and Forms here
Please read the Application Instructions carefully!
- FY20 AFP AE PD Application Instructions (pdf)
- FY20 Project Proposal Narrative Form (writable word doc)
- FY20 Project Proposal Budget Form (writable excel spreadsheet)
- FY20 Attachment A-Certify Signature-Organization (writable word doc)
- Sample Wording for your Organization’s Bylaws (pdf) – for Applicant Organizations that need to establish eligibility
Denise Miyahana, Arts Program Specialist
Hawai‘i State Foundation on Culture and the Arts
Email: [email protected]
- Common Core Standards and Hawai‘i Content & Performance Standards III
- National Core Art Standards
- ARTS FIRST Essential Arts Toolkit: Hawai‘i Fine Arts Grade Level Guide for the K-5 Classroom Teacher, 2nd edition
- Arts Integration Framework http://www.artsintegrationpd.org/about/
- Na Hopena A`o http://www.hawaiipublicschools.org/TeachingAndLearning/StudentLearning/HawaiianEducation/Pages/HA.aspx