Arts Program Specialist II (Exhibit Specialist)
Update Monday May 22: the job posting has closed.
- Location: Honolulu, island of Oʻahu
- Posted May 14, 2022.
- Full-time position.
- Job description: Art handler duties and responsibilities involve assisting a higher level specialist with the design of exhibitions of works of art, including handling, transporting and installing of works of art in conformance with established procedures and guidelines; designing plans for the installation of works or art; installing and dismantling special exhibitions; performing fabrication and accurate assembly of scaled models for exhibition design; performing fabrication and production of exhibition supports; documenting and maintaining a large and diverse collection (e.g., verify identification, measurements and location of works of art for maintenance and inventory control); conducting periodic inspections and monitoring physical condition of works of art; and providing technical assistance and resource consultancy on public art handling, transportation, and installation technique to artists and art organizations throughout the State, and performing other related duties as assigned.
- Qualifications include: graduate of an accredited college or university and specialized work experience that includes six (6) months of experience in an arts in public places program or other arts program related to public art or visual art.
- Salary: $4,012 – $5,600 per month. Starting monthly salary is at the minimum rate of pay.
- To apply, go to GovernmentJobs.com: Governmentjobs.com/careers/hawaii/jobs/4035817/arts-program-specialist-ii-downtown-oahu.
- This job posting will remain open until 18 applications are received. Please apply immediately as this recruitment may close at any time.