The Artist In The Schools Applications open Monday, February 8, 2021 and close Friday, April 30, 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year.
- School educators and administrators from all state of Hawaiʻi public and charter schools, grades K-12, are eligible to apply in partnership with a Teaching Artist from the SFCA Artistic Teaching Partners Roster.
- There are two types of grants to apply for: the AITS General Grant and the AITS Arts in Public Places Grant. The Arts in Public Places Grant must be a residency focused on interpreting a piece of art from the SFCA Art in Public Places Collection.
- This year, the maximum AITS General Grant is $7,000, with a 10% match from the school, and the maximum AITS Arts in Public Places Grant is $8,000, with no match required from the school. The application is the same for both grants.
- Application deadline: April 30, 2021.
- Applications are completed and submitted in the Hawaiʻi GoSmart system: www.Hawaii.GoSmart.org.
- Contact: Arts Education Specialist Danica Rosengren, Da[email protected].
- For more information and the application materials: https://sfca.hawaii.gov/arts-education-programs/artists-in-the-schools/.