Hawaiʻi State Foundation on Culture and the Arts (SFCA)
Arts Program Specialist III (Folk and Traditional Arts)
Job Number 22-0157
Location: Honolulu, island of Oʻahu
About the Position
- Update: job posting closed Friday, April 15, 2022.
- This is a permanent, full-time position with the State Foundation on Culture and the Arts (SFCA). The SFCA is a division of the State of Hawaiʻi Department of Accounting and General Services, and is the state government arts agency.
- Positions in this series are involved in short- and long-range planning, preparation of grant proposals and budget estimates, surveys, formulation of specific projects or activities, development of appropriate relationships and preparation of contracts, etc.
- Positions in this series require broad knowledge of the visual and performing arts, and the ability to deal with individuals and groups on matters of culture and the arts as well as on matters dealing with contract arrangements, expenditures, and other business details.
- The Arts Program Specialist III conducts program activities in the development, negotiation and completion of statewide ethno-cultural and arts activities; and performs other related duties as assigned. This class is distinguished by its independent responsibility for carrying out program activities involving work with community organizations, individual artists and performers, officials of other governmental agencies, and other interested persons or groups. A position in this class develops all details for assigned activities including the preparation of contracts, budgets, schedules, etc. A position in this class may supervise lower-level specialists and clerical personnel.
- A limited number of applications will be accepted, and we encourage those interested to apply as soon as possible.
- Applications must be sent to the State of Hawaiʻi Department of Human Resources Development (DHRD), Employee Staffing Division.
For more information, including salary, benefits, and minimum qualification requirements, view the job listing online: GovernmentJobs.com/careers/hawaii/jobs/3480757/arts-program-specialist-iii-oahu, or visit the State of Hawaii Careers website: GovernmentJobs.com/Careers/Hawaii.
- Telephone: (808) 586-0300 (please be sure to include your contact information in the voice message).
- Email: [email protected]