Bills and hearings can be tracked online on the State Capitol website: Capitol.Hawaii.gov/UpcomingHearingsFiltered.aspx. Learn more about how to find, track, and receive email updates on bills and hearings on the Public Access Room website: LRB.Hawaii.gov/PAR/Engagement-101.
SFCA leadership is meeting regularly with state legislators regarding culture and arts legislation.
Highlights of Legislative Measures Relating to SFCA
- HB 1600 Relating to the State Budget and SFCA position and budget requests: new Gallery Director Position with Special Funds; $500,000 for Creative Grant Program with Federal Rescue Funds; $200,000 for Artist Fellowships Program with Federal Rescue Funds; $4,500,000 for Bishop Museum with State General Funds.
- HCR119/HR119 SCR97/SR87 Report on expenditures relating to Native Hawaiian Art
- HCR161/HR161 Continuation of Creative Resurgence Task Force
- HCR112/HR108 Appoint Creative Resurgence Coordinator to Governors Cabinet
- SCR135/SR119 Relating to Statues
- HB1924 Appropriates funds to State of Hawaiʻi Natural and Cultural History Museum (Bishop Museum) and State of Hawaiʻi Museum of Monarchy History (Iolani Palace).
- HB2329 Requires the Department of Land and Natural Resources to place historical markers in the State to indicate significant sites in the life of President Barack Obama. SFCA to consult.
- SB2077 Relating to the Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority – designates the SFCA Executive Director as Ex-Officio on the HTA Board.