State Foundation on Culture and the Arts
Hawaii’s state government arts agency.
Jump to a section:
The mission of the State Foundation on Culture and the Arts (SFCA) is to promote, perpetuate, preserve and encourage culture and the arts as central to the quality of life of the people of Hawai‘i. SFCA funding is provided by the State of Hawai‘i and the National Endowment for the Arts.
No. 1 Capitol District building
250 South Hotel St., Second Floor, Honolulu HI 96813
Telephone: (808) 586-0300
SFCA Strategic Plan 2019-2023
Annual Report FY2018
Enriching the public sphere through the arts
Hawai‘i State Art Museum (HiSAM)
View some of Hawaii’s best contemporary art. Museum admission and activities are always free!
Monday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Closed Sunday and all state and federal holidays
HiSAM Information Line: Telephone (808) 586-0900
- Museum website: hisam.hawaii.gov
- Museum event calendar: HiSAM calendar
- Artizen by MW Cafe: Telephone (808) 524-0499, menu posted daily at www.artizenbymw.com
- HiSAM Museum Gallery Shop: Telephone (808) 566-6615, website www.shophisam.com
- Friends of the Hawai‘i State Art Museum
Art in Public Places Program
- About the Art in Public Places Program
- About the Art in Public Places Collection
- Search the Art in Public Places Collection by artist name, artwork title, medium, and more.
- Art for state government buildings (current sites): Elizabeth Baxter, Curator. Telephone (808) 586-9951 or email email@example.com.
- Art for state government buildings (new sites): Karen Ewald, Director, Art in Public Places Program. Telephone (808) 586-9950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invite the SFCA to send an Acquisition Award Selection Committee (AASC) to an exhibit: Relocatable Works of Art. Elizabeth Baxter, Curator. Telephone (808) 586-9951 or email email@example.com.
- Recent and Upcoming AASC Exhibit Visits and Gift & Purchase Recommendations: News Blog – AASC
- Permanent/Commissioned Works of Art
Supporting, fostering, and celebrating the artistic expressions of Hawaii’s diverse cultures and communities.
Enhancing public engagement in culture and the arts.
- SFCA Event Calendar
- HiSAM Event Calendar
- SFCA Email Newsletter
- Hawaii State Art Museum Email Newsletter
- SFCA News Blog
- SFCA Annual Report Fiscal Year 2018
Strengthening arts education for all learners.
- ARTS FIRST Professional Development for Teaching Artists
- ARTS FIRST Professional Development for Classroom Teachers
- ARTS FIRST Arts Education Grants
Arts Education Resources
National Arts Education Initiatives
Links to Resources
- Western States Art Federation
- CaFÉ Call for Entries
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Assembly of State Arts Agencies
- National Arts Resources
- Hawai‘i Museums
- Local Arts Resources
- Creative Industries Division, State of Hawai‘i Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism
- Statewide Cultural Extension Program (University of Hawaii-Manoa Outreach College)
- Ma‘ema‘e Hawaiian Cultural Tool Kit (Hawaii Tourism Authority)
- State of Hawai‘i eProcurement (HIePro)
- Hawaii Compliance Express